A look at Loftinland...

My photo
Life as we know it in seconds, minutes, hours, and every day of the year, with always an ANGEL watching over us.

Friday, June 10, 2011

#1 My Very First Angel and Dog!

When it all began for me, my love of dogs.....she was a grey poodle that I spent my childhood days with - in the backyard with my brothers....inside with the family.  She was good at being a good dog for kids....all the neighborhood kids loved her too.  At 6 years of age, I had to say goodbye to her as my family was moving from Texas to California.  Leaving her behind broke my heart.  So much that I know I would never ever leave such a treasure behind.  I know my parents did the best they could....finding a home for Angel with a co-worker of my Dad's.  But it really didn't help my 6 year old heart....I left a lot behind, my grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins, and this sweet Angel.  She was the first of three Angel's I have had.  I am sure she is not the last.  While we had her she had a litter of pups under the house....all found homes and later when we were back in Texas....my Dad visited his co-worker on a business trip, and in the middle of the night he brought home #4 another offspring of Angel's ....Candy....another blog.....

Still, to this day I can almost feel the sweet nuzzles of this precious dog and I feel her beside me sometimes.  She has long left this world but I know she lives on...perhaps she was Angel #7 and Angel #14....maybe that means #21 will be my Angel again......I could only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment