A look at Loftinland...

My photo
Life as we know it in seconds, minutes, hours, and every day of the year, with always an ANGEL watching over us.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

being lazy in Loftinland

It's pretty darn easy to be lazy here in Loftinland.....i mean there are 4 dogs that are experts at it, and when ya got them all around you sleeping, you want to sleep or lay on the couch and watch tv. They do it so freely, without a care in the world, without remorse....they just do it, and they are good at it! I on the other hand, tend to try and justify being lazy....I did this and that and I should reward myself with a little nap! When in reality I need to not be lazy as I have MUCH to do! Company is coming this weekend. The twins in the family are graduating from high school - my neice and nephew....I remember when they were born, they were such miracles! My brother and sister in law had a 4 year old son by invitro and the twins were also born invitro. I wanted all my kids but I never tried so hard to have them, they just happened naturally. (Yesterday was also my first born's 32nd birthday) When you go to so much trouble and expense and PRAYING that you'd be pregnant - well it was such a celebration for them and the rest of the family, and here they are 18 years later graduating from high school. Their mom, my dear sister in law passed away earlier this year in January, a shock to our entire family. The woman that so much wanted all of her children is missing out on these special occasions but she gave them many special moments in their lives....so as we celebrate this week at the graduation we will remember the mom who if not for her they would not be here. I wish she was here physically, but i know she is here spiritually. So in preparation i need to get the guest bedrooms ready for the grandma and uncle that are coming up from Texas to join in the celebration!

It's been a wonderful past two weeks, the trip to Texas was beyond wonderful and I miss the little miss - i find myself looking at her pictures just about every morning, I will share some of them later.

- Rick and I helped at the Midnight Woofness event where Second Chance Animal Sanctuary (where I volunteer) adopted out 20 dogs of the 27 they took up to the event. The total event adopted out 565 animals....the goal was 500....wow....I just smile every time I think of 565 animals in the forever homes getting loved on and loving their families! I know the animals are grateful because that is who animals are.

There was one little precious doggy that didn't get adopted that i have fallen in love with, Brigette, she is an 8 year old JRT. As I counted my dogs today, I am used to counting 5 but since Angel passed away last year there are only 4, so today i was counting them to make sure they were all inside and after number 4 i kept looking....maybe i am meant to have another number 5....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment